Employment at Sage Environmental Services
At Sage we believe that all inspired people have the ability to be extraordinary. We are beings with unlimited capacity for creativity, inspiration, and solving problems. Our outlook is positive, not gloomy, about living sustainably in the future. We continually look for ways to foster a world where our children and grandchildren will continue to live joyful, healthy lives.
Join us. Be inspired. Be creative. Be green in the best ways with us until we discover new best ways. Always learning, always growing, we're here to help create an economy of permanence.
The Regional Operations Manager serves as the primary representative of Sage Environmental Services, Inc. for the designated region within the operating division. The incumbent is responsible for successfully coordinating and directing all activities to ensure the highest client and customer satisfaction levels and account retention, strong employee relations, achievement of financial goals, and future business growth plans. The perfect candidate must thrive in a fast paced, rapidly growing environment.
We are a strong group of dedicated individuals driven to excel that understand the value of a strong work ethic and excellent customer and employee relationships. The right candidate will possess common values substantiated by a proven successful record of customer service delivery and supervisory experience.
The position is responsible for all aspects of the day-to day operations of the area. The successful candidate will play a key role in customer relations by ensuring that we are “above and beyond” in exceeding customer expectations. This includes building strong relationships with current customers by meeting with them and understanding their needs, addressing their concerns, recognizing opportunities for improvement, and overseeing the delivery of consistent quality services. It also demands an individual that can respond quickly and efficiently to successfully deliver the same level of service to new customer opportunities.
Operational functions include building service teams that excel through mentoring and training, management of site supervisors and service technicians, efficient scheduling of crews and routes, inspections and quality control, and inventory supply/procurement.
Salary base plus incentive bonuses. Comprehensive benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, paid time off, sick leave, holidays and relocation expenses.
This is a full time day position; however some service crews operate primarily in the evening hours, so the right person must be flexible to respond as needed to accomplish the job requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities – Essential Functions
- Ensure that service delivery is consistent with quality objectives and contractual requirements.
- Support business development activities within the region including new account acquisition and customer retention initiatives.
- Develop and manage the business plan and budget for the region in conjunction with the functional support team.
- Control overheard expenses within the region.
- Recommend and manage capital requirements to maximize financial returns.
Required Experience, Knowledge, and Skills
- Minimum qualifications for consideration: college degree or equivalent and 5-10 years of related industry experience required.
- Demonstrated experience in coaching, motivating, developing, and leading a team. Knowledge of human resource policies and practices, including development of staffing plans, employee relations, training, safety, EEO, benefit administration and succession planning.
- Strong commitment to service and quality standards as well as client satisfaction. Act as a champion of Sage's corporate goals and objectives, serving as a positive role model for employees throughout the region.
- Oral/Written Communication (English/Spanish) – Knows how to present ideas effectively and persuasively; has a strong verbal presence; can convey concepts in a wide-variety of forums. (Speaking to large groups, one-on-one, etc). Can write thoughts and concepts in a clear and organized manner; effectively manages formal and informal communication.
- Ability to manage the financial results of the region including development of the business plan, financial forecasts, productivity and staffing plans, and budget. Analyze and interpret financial data and weekly operating reports for trends impacting the business. Initiate corrective action as needed.
- Demonstrated track record in supporting the business development team in client pricing surveys and new account presentations. Maintain an awareness of competition in the marketplace and its potential impact on Sage's business.
- Ability to take the lead in client communication regarding Sage programs and services as well as performance under the contract. Provide feedback to management as needed on unique client requirements and opportunities to expand the client relationship.
- Results Oriented – Drives the team and the organization for results in order to improve bottom line performance; able to make timely or planned decisions appropriate to the circumstances or situation.
- Interpersonal Confidence/Savoir Faire – Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships.
- Manages Others – Able to develop goals and strategies and help direct reports attain them; can coach and mentor in a direct, fair manner. Holds people accountable. Builds teams effectively; sets clear expectations and objectives; develops a collaborative environment where people are interested in achieving or exceeding objectives; invites a dialogue between members of the team to bring out the best in others; encourages feedback and input.
- Organizational Ability – Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
- Organizational Savvy – Understands how organizations operate; able to manage him or herself effectively in a political environment; predicts the potential problems one might encounter in an organization; quick learner in understanding company cultures; is knowledgeable about business practices and how they may impact the organization.
- Prioritization & Time Management – Can decipher what is most important; can waylay trivial tasks and focus on the goal; can create a plan of attack to complete the task or project at hand; uses time resourcefully and successfully.
- Problem Solving – Able to use logic to solve challenging problems; negotiates effectively under the most difficult of circumstances; able to resolve problems in a fair way; gains the respect and trust of others involved in the negotiations.
- Integrity & Values – Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
Physical functions required
- Ability to walk or stand for long periods. May require bending, reaching up, lifting 50 lbs.
- Spot-correction and training of employees in job functions.
Accountabilities and Reports
- Client Retention
- Report and track client attrition & reason.
- Client Satisfaction
- Report and track complaints, raves, reminders.
- Employee Performance
- Complaints, reminder, raves per employee.
- Employee Retention
- Employee attrition & reason.
- Incidents, actions to resolve, improvements.
What Complete Success Means
- Sage can confidently put all of our clients from this region on a reference list.
- Employees, including you, have a high level of job satisfaction, safety and wellness.
- Budget requirements are met or more efficient than planned.
- Revenue growth.
- Maintenance Technician is attentive to client’s goals relative to resident satisfaction.
- Maintenance Technician will help in maintaining the physical condition/appearance of the site.
- The on-site Facility Manager has the authority to determine the “day-to-day” duties of the Maintenance Technician.
- This determination will take into consideration the technician’s skills, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the property.
- Maintenance Technician will work under the tutelage of the client’s Facility Manager, if applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Diagnose and perform minor and routine maintenance/repair involving the following on a daily basis:
- Minor appliances – light bulbs, body parts
- Minor electrical and plumbing – lights, aerators, toilets
- Minor heating systems – filters
- Minor water irrigation systems – head replacement
- Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings – cleaning and painting
- Tile, carpet, flooring – cleaning and caulking
- Interior/exterior lights – bulb replacement
- Fireplaces, ceiling fans – cleaning
- Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, sliding glass doors
- Door locks, P.O. boxes and locks
- Water intrusion – clean up
- Walls – painting
- Pool area, tile, spa, pool furniture – cleaning
- Assist in keeping grounds neat & free of litter. Rake, sweep, and shovel as needed
- Routinely assist in performing duties to restore apartments to “market ready” condition
- Consistently be aware of and report to the Facility Manager the condition of the physical property throughout the community and immediately correct unsafe conditions (i.e. broken gates leading to pools, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights, etc.)
- Report items requiring major repairs to the Facility Manager
- Report needs to Facility Manager to maintain adequate inventory of spare parts & maintenance materials to handle most common repairs & situations
- Assist in identifying all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs
- Perform routine preventive maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis
- Inspect all tools and maintain in excellent condition
- Perform work area cleanup and safety-related duties
- Use safety equipment (goggles, masks, gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate
- Know and adhere to all federal, state and local laws as well as all the policies and procedures contained in the manuals issued by Sage and the client or as otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing).
- Demonstrate commitment to deliver outstanding customer service
- Take ownership to personally find someone who can resolve customer problems
- Commit to following up with customers in all instances in a timely manner
- Strong sense of accountability – do what you say you are going to do
- Create a personal connection with customer – smiles, warm greetings, act friendly and respectful, listen
- Act as a member of the on-site Facility Maintenance team when delivering customer service.
Equipment & Tools
Be knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use & maintenance of the following tools:
- Hand Tools: various wrenches, screwdrivers, grips, sledgehammer, hammer, snips, posthole diggers, saws, etc.
- Power Tools: wrenches, grinder, sander, drill, saws, etc.
- User-Moving Aids: Wheelbarrows, dollies, hand-trucks, buckets, hoists, jacks, step ladders, full ladders, double ladders
- Mechanical Equipment: Basic knowledge on motor equipment such as power washers, blowers and compressors
- Porter is attentive to client goals relative to resident satisfaction.
- Porter will help in maintaining the physical condition/appearance of the site.
- The Facility Manager has the authority to determine the “day-to-day” duties of the Porter. This determination will take into consideration the Porter’s skills, and how they best fit into the operational needs of the property.
- Porter will work under the tutelage of the Facility Manager or Maintenance Technician III, if applicable.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Physically walk the property frequently and remove litter, debris and pet droppings from the grounds.
- Ensure all pool areas, laundry rooms, mail rooms, dumpster areas and recreation areas remain neat and free of litter at all times.
- Ensure the grounds adjacent to the road, in front of the office, to and from the walkways and in between buildings remain neat and free of litter at all times.
- Assist with daily housekeeping assignments, including dusting, cleaning ovens, microwaves, stove tops and kitchen hoods, bathrooms, showers, bathtubs, appliances, kitchen and pantry, windows, mini blinds and mirrors.
- Perform “trash-out” duties at vacated apartments daily. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash and boxes and transfer to dumpster. Pick up and sweep area. Keep dumpster doors closed on windy days.
- Detail property regularly. Rake, sweep and shovel as necessary. Use blower to keep sidewalks and walking areas clear of loose grass and brush.
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis
- If trained and/or certified for pool maintenance, clean and maintain pool as directed.
- Assist with “make-ready” duties as requested.
- Complete minor and routine service requests as needed.
- Distribute resident communications to residents (i.e., upcoming events, pest control notices, newsletters, etc.)
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean-outs.
- Perform work area clean-up and safety-related duties.
- Report maintenance needs to Facility Manager.
- Use appropriate safety equipment such as (goggles, masks and glove, etc.) when tasks dictate.
- Be aware of client's goals relating to resident satisfaction and resident retention, and do your part towards meeting them.
- Adhere to all federal, state and local laws as well as all policies and procedures contained in manuals issued by Sage or the on-site Facility Manager as communicated (verbally or in writing) to associates
- Demonstrate commitment to deliver outstanding customer service.
- Take ownership to personally find someone who can resolve customer problems.
- Commit to following-up with customers in all instances in a timely manner.
- Strong sense of accountability – do what you say that you are going to do.
- Create a personal connection with customers – smiles, warm greetings, acts friendly and respectful, listens.
- Act as a member of the on-site team when delivering customer service.
Sage Environmental Services, Inc.
The Bullitt Center
1501 East Madison Street, Suite 400
Seattle WA 98122
Phone · 206.491.0359
Fax · 206.238.9600